Skip to main content

Visits

Visit to Kumtor Gold Mine (21-22 June)
Kumtor Gold Company

   

Company website 

Kumtor Gold Company will be able to invite a small group of delegates to visit Kumtor Gold Mine. The visit will take approximately 2 days (21-22 June).  Please keep in mind the important note about the high altitude and potential breathing difficulties. If you have any concerns, it’s best to consult with a medical professional before embarking on this trip. 

About Kumtor Gold Mine: 

The Kumtor mine, located in the Kyrgyz Republic, is one of the largest gold mines in Central Asia. The deposit is approximately 350 kilometres away from Bishkek, the capital of the Kyrgyz Republic. 

It has been producing gold since 1997 and has yielded over 13.8 million ounces of gold as of June 30, 2022. The mine operates at an impressive altitude of 13,000 feet, making it the second-highest mine globally, surpassed only by Newmont Gold mine Yanacocha in Peru.  Kumtor is an open-pit mine situated in the southern region of the Central Tien-Shan, at an elevation of 4,000 meters above sea level. It operates in a permafrost zone.   

Preliminary Itinerary: 

Compulsory Health Check. 20 June (Thursday) 

On 20th June registered visitors will be taken to the Medical Centre in Bishkek to go through a compulsory health check. If the test has been passed successfully, visitors will be required to abstain from alcohol before and during the visit.  

Day 1: 21 June (Friday) 

  • Coach transfer from Bishkek to Kaji Sai (south bank of Issyk-Kul Lake).
  • Dinner and overnight stay at Hotel Natalia
  • H&S briefing

Day 2: 22 June (Saturday) 

  • Breakfast
  • Transfer to Kumtor
  • Site visit
  • Lunch
  • B2B meetings
  • Transfer to Bishkek

NB. Visitors will be offered an option to extend their stay at the resort and participate in the program of recreation, leisure, and sports activities 

Visit to Altynken and ErAdia (21 June)

   

About Taldybulak Levoberezhny Gold Mine 

Altynken website  

The Taldybulak Levoberezhny Gold Mine is some 120 km (75 miles) east of the capital Bishkek 

The Taldybulak Levoberezhny Gold Mine is the third-largest gold mine in Kyrgyzstan, located in the Westen Tianshan Mountain gold-copper mineralization zone, known as the Golden Belt of Central Asia. It has a throughput of 2,500 tonnes per day. Zijin Mining holds a 60% interest in the project, and Kyrgyzaltyn JSC holds the remaining 40%. 

 

   

About ErAdia

Corporate profile

The company specialises in the production and sales of non-electric initiation systems and ⁠electronic detonators.

Preliminary Itinerary: 

21 June (Friday) 

09:00 Departure from Novotel Bishkek. Transfer to Taldybulak Levoberezhny Gold Mine 

11:00 Arrival to Taldybulak Levoberezhny Gold Mine. H&S briefing.  

11:00 Mine site visit.  

13:00 Lunch and informal meetings with the company management  

14:30 Departure for Bishkek  

15:30 Visit to historic nomadic site. Refreshments 

17:30 Arrival to Novotel Bishkek